Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Halfway there!!



I can't believe I'm to the halfway mark already. It sure does fly by a lot faster when you're busy chasing a toddler around! I had my ultrasound on Monday and only had to wait an hour in the waiting room! (sense the sarcasm?) It went great though and the little dude was very active. The baby weighs 12 ounces and is right on track. We got a 3D photo of the baby's face (see below) and I have to admit, it somewhat freaked Shanon and I out! We only had the regular 2D photos with Macy and I guess we weren't bothered by our little skeletal alien baby. But to see the baby's actual face, wow! Of course Shanon is worried that it's deformed or that something is seriously wrong with it since it doesn't look just perfect (he also worried that Macy was going to have a freakishly big head because it kept measuring a week ahead, but she was just perfect!).

Side profile, the baby is facing down.


A 3D pic of the baby's leg and foot.


A 3D pic of the baby's face and hand.


Maybe what actually freaked us out about this last pic is the fact that the tech had to erase part of the baby's arm so we could see its face. Notice the hand appears to be floating!

Oh, and nope, we opted not to find out the gender of the baby. We didn't find out with Macy either. Although part of me would like to know, I think it would be like opening your present before Christmas and I would wish I had waited. However based on my last pregnancy, I know all of you will have opinions on what we're having anyway so look for a poll coming soon!

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

Hey...I don't mind at all that you put a link on your blog. It is amazing to me that she does look JUST like the ultrasound photo. I couldn't believe it when I first saw her...how "right on" it is

DeAnn said...

By the way...I forgot to mention that you look great...before you know it, it'll be your turn!