Monday, December 15, 2008

Visiting Santa

Macy has gotten to see Santa twice this holiday season. The first time was at the Santa Train (talk about a cold wait in a long line!) and the second was at Breakfast with Santa.

The Santa Train














Breakfast with Santa... can't you just sense her excitement?!















Both times she was very excited leading up to the event and we even practiced telling him what she wanted for Christmas. However, when it came to actually sitting on his lap and talking to him, she completely froze up! The last time, she waited until she was done and we were walking away to decide she wanted to talk to Santa. Too late sweetie! That's okay though, Santa in his infinite wisdom knew she wanted a Barbie doll anyway.

I can't believe Christmas is next week already, wow! Our Christmas shopping is basically done and the gifts just need to be wrapped. I haven't tackled that just yet for fear of a certain little person thinking they need to rip into them. I have the next two weeks off work though (I am SO excited!!), so there's time. Unfortunately, it won't include me lounging on the couch watching Oprah... I have a very long to-do list and I can't wait to finally start marking items off. I am also excited to spend time making Christmas cookies and candy. We'll see how that goes with a 2 1/2 year old who really likes to 'help'!

No comments: