Friday, May 8, 2009

Growing like a weed!


















Holden had a well baby checkup on Tuesday (he was 5 weeks old) and he is already up to 8lbs. 12oz. and 21 1/2 inches! I figured he was at least 8lbs., but not almost 9. He is finally starting fill out his 0-3 month clothes a little better. His eyes have also really turned a lot more blue in the past few days... we'll see if they'll be as bright blue as his sister's. Also, Holden gave his first real smile on Wednesday, how exciting!

I think I figured out the trick to getting him to sleep at night: s-w-i-n-g. Tuesday night I gave him a bath and then put him in the swing while I put everything away. He feel asleep in it and was still sleeping when I decided to go to bed, so I just carried it into our bedroom (it's a small swing).... and voila, a sleeping baby at bedtime! I think he slept 4 hours in that thing. This has pretty much worked the past few nights also which has been SO wonderful!! Unfortunately, I've had migraines the past couple of nights, so the swing has especially been a blessing.

Some pics...


A sleeping beauty:














From his first real bath:














Much better now!

















Still a proud big sis:














Macy loves to squeeze under there too!

1 comment:

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Oh my goodness he is getting so big! And more adorable all the time :)

We used our swing every single night when Lucy had colic. Its a lifesaver!