Monday, October 26, 2009

30 and a van

Yes, I'm admitting that I turned the big 3-0 yesterday. Even more than that, I'm admitting that I am now the owner of a mini-van. As if entering my thirties wasn't enough, I had to go and relinquish any iota of coolness that my Camry with two kiddos in the back gave me. I don't think it means that I've "given up", just that I now see the value in having more space since the crumb catchers take up so much of it. I'm not sure that turning 30 and buying a van at the same time was the greatest idea I've ever had (where the heck did all those wrinkles come from?!), but hey, there are worse things.

So, the next time you see me crusin' in my green Town & Country with the windows down (one of the kids and/or Shanon probably ripped one) and the music cranked (probably rockin' out to a little 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' action)... just remember I'm still super cool!

2 comments:

Kelly R said...

We still think you are really cool! Did you get my birthday message yesterday?

Jennifer said...

Yes, thank you and thanks for the card! We had gone to the pumpkin patch that day since it was so nice out.