Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MORE Tales from the Toilet!

This first tale doesn't actually involved a toilet, unfortunately. On Sunday, Shanon and Brett spent the afternoon in our garage replacing the garage door opener and Macy was out there playing for awhile too. I was in the kitchen working on getting supper in the crock pot when Macy came in from the garage then headed directly out to the backyard. In a few minutes she came back inside and walked right up to me with a big grin on her face and exclaimed that she had just peed outside. It took me a second to process this, but once I did I immediately looked down at her pants and saw that they were soaking wet. She giggled with delight at my shocked reaction. I asked her why in the world she did that and she very proudly said she peed outside just like Brett!! So then we had to talk about how boys and girls are different (obviously, based on her pee soaked pants!). She was a little disappointed, but she still thought it was hilarious and proudly told Brett that she had peed outside just like him.

A couple evenings ago, I was getting stuff ready to give the kids a bath. After gathering pjs, lotion, diaper, etc. I returned to the bathroom and was just horrified when I saw Holden literally playing in the toilet water! I never even thought about him trying to do this let alone that he could actually reach it, but he proved me wrong by the looks of the mess he made on the seat. Thank goodness Macy had actually remembered to flush when she used it last!
Lesson #354: Keep the toilet lid down when not in use!

No comments: