Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tales from the toilet

Here's a little PSA for what apparently could happen when you're on the toilet if you're not careful...
















I'm a little late with this since it happened last weekend, but this picture just does not do her lip justice... it was huge. No one was with her when it happened. She was in the bathroom going potty, then we heard a thud followed by panicked crying. Shanon went in there to check on her (I was feeding Holden) and found her face down on the bathroom floor, pants to her ankles. He got her up and found she was bleeding profusely at which point he calmly called me in there. I tried not to freak out (which is what I would normally do at the sight of that much blood) because she was already freaking out. I checked and all her teeth were still in tact so I figured that was good. Anyway, later we asked her what the heck happened and she said she was playing with the shower curtain (the tub is next to the toilet and she can reach the curtain) and lost her balance, causing her to fall off the toilet and bang her mouth on the tub. Hmmmm... lesson to be learned: the toilet is not a playground!!

No comments: