Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The curse of the van

Well, I did it. On exactly the one month anniversary of purchasing the van, I wrecked it. Yep, yesterday I rear ended a car at one of the bagillion construction sites between Oblong and Robinson. Aside from being shaken up and severly embarrassed (thankfully no one was hurt), it got me thinking. I've only had this darn van for one month and so far:
  • After having it for a week, it died on me twice and had to be towed to Mattoon for the dealership to fix it. Apparently the fuel pump had come loose and was leaking fuel... can you say scary?!

  • Saturday morning one of the tires was completely flat, it apparently had a nail in it.

  • The accident yesterday.

A couple other fun facts:

  • The man that came to tow the van yesterday was the same one that fixed the flat tire on Saturday... of course he recognized me. I really wanted to melt into the pavement.

  • We had just increased our insurance deductibles a couple weeks ago since "we never use it anyway". Seriously, is somebody laughing at me up there?

Did I also mention that I was just coming off a two day migraine 'episode' and that I was headed from work to Newton to have 'Thanksgiving lunch' at daycare with Macy? Talk about a gynormous case of mommy guilt for missing that! I tried to make amends with a quick trip to DQ that afternoon. Surely she won't be scarred for life.

Maybe this van thing just isn't meant to be for me? Or maybe just this specific van is cursed? Either way, surely things can only get better from here on out! Embarrassment aside, I'm just very grateful that no one was hurt!

No comments: