Friday, November 13, 2009

Say your prayers

The other night we were all at the table getting ready to have supper when Macy announced out of nowhere that she wanted a new baby. Then she got more specific and said she wanted a baby girl named Megan... just like MacKenzie (her friend at daycare who has a sister named Megan). I thought it was funny and wasn't sure how to respond, so I told her that she needed to talk to God about that because babies are gifts from God. So then she decided to say the prayer before we ate. She thanked God for the food and various other things that I couldn't understand, then added that she wanted a baby sister named Megan, Amen. So cute.

She really is such a great big sister to Holden. She makes him laugh all the time and this morning she ran off with a tissue and I found her in Holden's room trying to wipe his nose because she noticed he was in dire need of being wiped up (he has a cold and both eyes and his nose are like faucets). Those two are really going to have some fun times together in the future!

2 comments:

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe Holden is 7 months!! That's just too cute about Macy wanting a sister and already has her names :P

Kelly R said...

How sweet! So...will her wish come true??? You are a van mama now!!!